2023: From the Inca Empire to the Peruvian Amazon with the Nazca Lines & Galapagos Cruise (WAMY) - Delfin III and Treasure of Galapagos
20 Day River Cruise Lima to Quito
Experience the fascinating Nazca Lines, archaeological treasures, and gastronomic delights of Peru, with the untamed rainforest of the Amazon, on this thrilling river cruise adventure that offers a little something for everyone!Begin in the cosmopolitan city of Lima with a guided sightseeing tour, a visit to the Larco Herrera Museum, and a special welcome dinner in an ornate family-owned mansion. Fly to Cusco and descend into the Sacred Valley of the Incas for guided tours of the ceremonial site of Kenko, where ancient rituals were performed, and the Temple of Sacsayhuaman. Of course, no vacation to Peru is complete without visiting astonishing Machu Picchu, built around 1450, and sitting majestically above the Sacred Valley. Stand in awe as you witness one of the most majestic images in South America, if not the entire world! Next, you'll embark on a journey to one of the world's vastly unexplored regions where biodiversity is at its greatest-the mighty Amazon. Board one of the world's most luxurious small ships, the Delfin III, and enjoy fine wine, famous Peruvian cuisine, and all-inclusive comfort while venturing deep into the Amazon jungle in search of elusive wildlife. Take naturalist-guided panga rides through the river tributaries, swim with pink dolphins, and visit native communities-all while returning to your plush five-star yacht.Your unforgettable trip to Peru is not complete without seeing the Nazca Lines. When seen from the air, the lines form precise geometric shapes that number in the hundreds, as well as 70 figures, which include a monkey, whale, hummingbird, shark, spiders, and plants. Archaeologists remain puzzled about why the ancient Nazca people, who thrived here from 200 BC to 500 AD, created illustrations that could only be seen from far above the earth.Before this cruise adventure is complete, you'll get a chance to explore the beautiful Galapagos Islands onboard the 16-passenger Treasure of Galapagos! Have your camera ready as your Naturalist points out colonies of sea lions, pelicans, albatross, marine iguanas, flamingos, blue-footed boobies, short-eared owls, and other birds. You'll also have a chance to snorkel in the tropical waters and perhaps get a look at sea turtles, sharks, and rays. A perfect ending to this trip of a lifetime!
Call (830) 257-6266 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17378060
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 6/30/2023
- 20 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Delfin III
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 2||PARACAS & NAZCA LINES|
|Day 5||Sacred Valley|
|Day 6||Sacred Valley|
|Day 7||Machu Picchu|
|Day 9||PERUVIAN AMAZON RIVER|
|Day 10||Peruvian Amazon|
|Day 11||Peruvian Amazon|
|Day 15||Santa Cruz Island|
|Day 16||Santiago Island|
|Day 17||North Seymour Island|
|Day 18||SOUTH PLAZA ISLAND|
- US$ Price Details
Land/Cruise price does not include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee and transit card ($120 value) but are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.Price is per person based on double room occupancy. Gratuities to Local Guides & drivers are included. Call for single accommodation details and prices. Triple rooms are not available.Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
'Starting at' Disclaimer
The 'Starting at' or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per person based on twin occupancy and any applicable port charges, non-commissionable taxes and fees and intra-vacation flight are included in the price shown. Any included overnight stay in Canada, applicable GST/HST is also included in the price shown. International airfare, however, is not included. If price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s). Please review current promotions or deals for additional information.